Get Involved as Volunteer
The skills, passion and creativity of the community is responsible for the rapid expansion and success of Open Source. You can contribute to the community, while continuing to build experience in open source technologies, by:
- Becoming a volunteer at a local nonprofit organization or community group
- Join or start a Meetup or User Group around your Open Source passion
- Contribute code to an existing Open Source project, or start a new one!
- Report issues, provide feedback and join discussions on Open Source projects
- Assist with documentation, website, or design efforts on Open Source projects
Contribute to LPI Exam Development
Much like the larger Open Source community, the success of our certification program depends on the input and support of IT professionals and enterprises, training partners, book publishers, and exam candidates. LPI encourages you to get involved to help us continue to deliver the best vendor-neutral Linux certifications.
We are looking for assistance in the following activities:
- Creation of exam items for our certification program
- Technical review and translation of our exams
If you are interested in contributing to the LPI exam development process, please subscribe to the lpi-examdev email list. This list is most heavily used when an exam is actively being created or updated, and generally quiet otherwise.
If you questions about volunteering with LPI, please contact us for further information.