The following are the upper level course and objective outlines for the respective exams. Individual titles from the various partners and publishers will use these or similar section titles, although the exam objectives are always the best reference for what will appear on the exams.
LPI Linux Essentials
- The Linux community and a career in open source
- Finding your way on a Linux system
- The power of the command line
- The Linux operating system
- Security and file permissions
Note: You should review the detailed objectives for the LPI Linux Essentials exam.
Linux+ powered by LPI/LPIC-1
- System Architecture
- Linux Installation and Package Management
- GNU and Unix Commands
- Devices, Linux Filesystems, Filesystem Hierarchy Standard
- Shells, Scripting and Data Management
- User Interfaces and Desktops
- Administrative Tasks
- Essential System Services
- Networking Fundamentals
Note: You should review the detailed objectives for the LPIC1 exams.
Next: Instructor Requirements ››