LPI Academy Student Resources
The LPI Academy program is designed to differentiate you in the job marketplace by aligning you with educational institutions that offer relevant Information and Communication Technologies programs in Linux and Open Source, provide opportunity to validate your knowledge and competency, and get experience while in school. LPI Academy’s coalescing of Education, Validation, and Experience is designed to get your résumé noticed and get you the interview!
Get an Education
Linux adoption is on the rise!
- More companies are migrating to Linux and Open Source
- According to the 2013 Linux Jobs Report by Dice and the Linux Foundation, "Tech is in, but nowhere is the opportunity for career advancement and big financial reward more evident than in the Linux jobs market where salaries for skilled Linux talent are rising at nearly double the rate of other tech professionals"
- The Linux Foundation’s 2013 Enterprise End User Report states that Linux for mission-critical workloads has experienced significant growth since rising from 60% in 2010 to a "whopping 73%" in 2013
LPI Academy has partnered with academic institutions across North America dedicated to creating opportunities to set students on a lucrative career path in information and communication technology, specifically Linux and Open Source technologies. Please go to the link below to learn more about school programs that teach to the Linux Professional Institute’s certificate and professional certifications.
The LPI Linux Essentials Certificate is an entry level credential provides many advantages for students pursuing an ICT career path including:
- A demonstrated knowledge of Linux command line stackable with many entry level industry certifications (for example Cisco CCT, CCENT, CCNA, A+, IT Essentials, etc...).
- A preparation base for the LPI Linux+ powered by LPI (LPIC-1) professional certification.
- A means to demonstrate to business verifiable working knowledge of the Linux operating system, Linux command line, security, and permissions.
Once you head completed your courses of study relevant to the LPI’s Linux Essentials Certificate of Achievement attest to your knowledge by earning this industry recognized credential. Simply buy the Linux Essentials exam voucher and schedule the exam.
- Purchase exam vouchers. Your instructor will have a coupon code that you can use to purchase the Linux Essentials Certificate voucher. Purchase your voucher at the LPI Marketplace.
- Schedule your exam. First check with your instructor to see if your school provides onsite testing. If not, once you have your LPI ID number and you have purchased your voucher, schedule your exam through our testing provider, Pearson VUE.
One of the challenges for getting the job is demonstrating that you have verifiable work experience in your chosen field. The advantage of pursuing a career in Information and Communication Technologies is that often you can do work remotely. LPI’s Jobs Initiative allows you the opportunity to get real world experience while you are still in school, through getting engaged as a volunteer with the Linux community or finding part-time employment through our partner oDesk, the world’s largest online workplace as a Freelancer. Check out the Jobs Initiative for the many job opportunity choices.
Once you have completed your courses of study relevant to either LPI’s Linux Essentials Certificate of Achievement or CompTIA’s Linux+ Powered by LPI (LPIC-1) validate your competency to potential employers by earning these globally recognized credentials. Simply buy the exam vouchers and schedule the necessary exams.
Buy the voucher from the LPI Marketplace
- Purchase the Linux Essentials Certificate of Achievement exam voucher
- Purchase Linux+ Powered by LPI exam voucher, a total of two (2) exams yielding three (3) certifications for the cost and effort of one (1), including CompTIA’s Linux + Powered by LPI, LPI’s LPIC-1, and SUSE’s Certified Linux Administrator