Logo Use Policy
We kindly ask that the Linux Professional Institute's logos be used in accordance with the following guidelines:
- The LPI logo and words 'Linux Professional Institute' are trademarks of the Linux Professional Institute, Inc. These trademarks are officially registered in the United States, European Union, and Japan. Registration in other jurisdictions is pending.
- Except as stated in this policy, the LPI trademarks may not be used by any external organization without permission (see above for details regarding use outside the guidelines). This permission will specify the terms and limitations of usage, and will apply to a single application or publication only.
- Use of the 'Circle L' graphic logo must be accompanied by the trademark indicator circle R and must be accompanied nearby by the words 'Linux Professional Institute', or the URL for the LPI web site: 'http://www.lpi.org' or 'www.lpi.org'.
- For Printed Materials, such as magazines, books, and brochures:
The LPI logo must be an exact reproduction of the graphics provided. For spot colour the LPI logo should be reproduced in PMS 506 and its interior must be filled in white if printed on a dark-colored background, if printed on a light-colored background the interior may be transparent. The logo may also be printed in the following CMYK color C:14 M:83 Y:32 K:49. The LPI graphic logo may not be reproduced any smaller than .75 inches in diameter. The accompanying text as mentioned in section 3 should be in Helvetica font, or the default font of the body text; it should have the same colour as the logo; it should stand in clear contrast to its background; and each line should be at least as wide as that of the logo itself. The graphics as listed below can be used for this purpose. Text related to the LPI trademark may be reproduced no smaller than that of the document's body text; the font used should be either that of the document's body text, or Times Roman; and the colour of the text should stand in clear contrast to its background. The previous requirement f) should also be applied to the disclaimer stated in section 6 below.
- The LPI logo must be an exact reproduction of the graphics provided.
- For Web and Digital Materials:
The LPI logo must be reproduced in RGB R:83 G:22 B:30, or its nearest equivalent on systems not capable of full-colour display; and its interior must be filled in white. The Hex color equivalent is 53161e.
- The LPI graphic logo may not be reproduced any smaller than 24 screen pixels in diameter.
- The accompanying text as mentioned in section 3 should be in Helvetica font, or the default font of the body text; it should have the same colour as the logo; it should stand in clear contrast to its background; and each line should be at least as wide as that of the logo itself.
- Text related to the LPI trademark must be at least the same size as the default body text; the font used should be either that of the body text, or Times Roman; and the text should stand in clear contrast to its background.
- For the disclaimer stated in section 6 below the same requirements as stated under e) above apply; and in addition it must appear on the same web page or graphic as the trademarked material.
LPI Academy Logo Policy:
- Subject to the terms of this Agreement, LPI grants to LPI Academy Partner a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the LPI trademarks and logos provided by LPI to LPI Academy Partner from time to time, including LPI's LPI Academy Logo (the "Trademarks") solely in connection with the Program. LPI Academy Partner does not have any right to sublicense the Trademarks and shall not seek registration of the Trademarks in the LPI Academy Partner’s name. All use of the Trademarks by LPI Academy Partner will inure to the benefit of LPI.
- LPI has the right to approve LPI Academy Partner’s marketing materials and website relating to the Program from time to time. LPI Academy Partner agrees to make all changes to its marketing materials and website relating to the Program requested by LPI.
- Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, LPI Academy Partner will immediately cease all use of the Trademarks and will not directly or indirectly at any time or in any manner make further use of or reference to the Trademarks.
- This Agreement does not grant a license to any technology, trademarks, logos or intellectual property belonging to LPI to LPI Academy Partner other than as expressly set forth in this Agreement.