LPI Supports Software Freedom Day Worldwide
September 18, 2021
Linux Professional Institute (LPI) invites you to join us, our Partners and our community in celebrating Software Freedom Day, taking place September 18, 2021. LPI is thrilled to be supporting an important global event!
Linux Professional Institute Event
Detailed agenda can be found here
Join us for our Software Freedom Day event celebrating software freedom through a whole day of talks from staff and Partners. The event will take place on Saturday, September 18 from 12:00 UTC - 23:00 UTC.
Here is a list of the sessions that will be covered throughout the day.
- Introduction to Software Freedom day
- Consider a career in open source software
- Learning and Technical Workshop: Ask Me Anything
- Penetration Testing using Kali Linux (Vietnamese)
- Learn How to Purchase and Assemble a Raspberry Pi!
- LPI Membership: A members journey
- The Breadth of Open Source: From small to big
- Community Corner: Ask me anything
- Linux Technology Introduction for Security Engineer
- The new: Opportunities for LPI Certificates (Spanish)
- 27 Years of FreeBSD and Why You Should Get Involved!
- Getting involved with Free and Open Source Culture (FOSC)
Let's celebrate Software Freedom Day
Software Freedom Day (SFD) is an annual worldwide celebration of Free Software. SFD is a public education effort with the aim of increasing awareness of Free Software and its virtues, and encouraging its use.
Software Freedom Day was established in 2004 and was first observed on 28 August of that year. About 12 teams participated in the first Software Freedom Day. Since that time it has grown in popularity and every year we have more than 300 events organized by over 100 cities from around the world.
Participate in an event near you!
LPI and our Partners are organizing events globally! Check out the SFD event map for an event near you or take advantage of tuning in virtually anywhere.
Become Involved: What are you doing to support Software Freedom Day?
Use the comments section of this page to let us know.
Check back here for additional details of LPI, Partner, and Community events!
- SmartCT - The Future is Smart & Open: Software freedom for open education
- Computer Professionals Union - Transparency and Democracy: FOSS in Elections
- Pinoy Linux - Software Freedom Day (September 20th)