Become a Channel Partner
The Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Channel Partner program was created for organizations with their own communities and partner groups. A channel partner is a company or incorporated organization that helps LPI find, and optionally, maintain, other partners for LPI’s programs — Approved Academic Partner (AAP), Approved Training Partner (ATP), Hiring Partner, etc. — as part of the company’s regular business activities.
In a sense, the Channel Partner Program borrows its concept from the IT traditional distribution channel business, with value added distributors and resellers. In this analogy, the Channel Partner can be compared to a value added distributor, which can sign up many resellers to a technology vendor (normally a software or solution provider). The main difference here is that instead of signing up resellers, LPI Channel Partners simply sign up — and, optionally, service — other partner types on behalf of LPI.
Whom Is the program designed for?
Most of our channel partners fit into one or more of the following categories:
- Organizations with their own communities, educational networks, and partner groups
- Head offices of organizations with multiple independent or semi-independent subsidiaries
- Companies willing to find and maintain other LPI partners (from all other LPI Partner Programs but the Channel Partner Program itself—we can’t have nested or stacked Channel Partners)
Major Channel Partner program benefits
You can expect some of the following benefits when you sign up as a channel partner:
- Opportunity/deal registration. (A registered opportunity is a named account for which a channel partner identifies and creates an opportunity.)
- Access to LPI partnership development staff to support development of your channel.
- Use of the LPI logo, LPI certification branding, and other program brands.
- Discount on the retail prices of direct exam sales.
- Commission (10%) on exam sales/purchases of partners signed up through the Channel Partner.
- Access to a joint marketing fund.
- Opportunity for cooperative participation and promotions at LPI events.
Interested in becoming a partner?
"*" indicates required fields