Academic Advisory Committee
Intended Participants: Partners, Trainers, Authors
Status: seeking new members
Mission and Vision
Encouraging a community of like-minded educational experts in the development and dissemination of open source educational opportunities - supporting global and local employability skills and the proliferation of open technological resources.
Scope, Mandate and Activities
Current activities include the creation of distinct working groups that are interested in core learning materials in support of existing credentials as well as defining and creating additional Essentials-level certificates and education programs.
Committee Representation and Stakeholders
Committee Membership Criteria
Membership in the committee is limited to instructors and other professionals involved in the education industry, particularly of the academic variety.
All positions are voluntary, have 2 year terms, and are selected through an election process by the members of the committee:
- Sponsor (G Matthew Rice, Executive Director, Canada)
- Chair (Krijn Hoogendorp, Netherlands)
- Schedule, host and lead meetings
- Lead draft of reports, committee budgets and recommendations to LPI and ED
- Secretary (chosen from committee members)
- Organize and track action items of members
- Immediate Past Chair
- Facilitate continuity as new committee executives are elected