Booth staff are volunteer representatives of Linux Professional Institute (LPI) providing volunteer assistance at Linux and Open Source events.
We are looking to enlist the help of trustworthy and qualified individuals to volunteer their time at events. LPI event staff are key to our ability to provide the proper assistance, demonstrating the importance of local representation and increased regional engagement within the community, and recognition of Linux and Open Source advocacy.
Benefits to you!
- Expand your professional network
- Participate at events in your region
- Collect professional development unit (PDU) credits that go toward your membership renewal
- Share your knowledge and expertise at the booth
There are a number of ways to get to know how we operate at the booth to ensure that you are comfortable and ready to sign up;
- Watch someone in action! Let us know if you will be at an event that we are exhibiting at. Stop by for a visit to get first hand experience.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.
Booth Staff will be required to know LPI programs and initiatives. Interested candidates are required to;
- Fill out a short questionnaire about why they want to join this program
- Participate in a short interview
- Complete light training for this role
- Once the onboarding process has been completed, your name will be entered into our volunteer system where you will be contacted if assistance is needed at events in your region.
- Opportunities to shadow a LPI staff member at an event is always welcome.
For information send us an email at email@example.com.