44% of hiring managers are increasing salaries for open source talent over other departments-open source Jobs Report
Linux Professional Institute BSD Specialist
The BSD Specialist certification is part of the Linux Professional Institute Open Technology certification program.
The exam focuses on the practical skills required to work successfully in a FreeBSD, NetBSD or OpenBSD environment and tests the knowledge and skills needed to administer BSD operating systems.
The typical BSD Specialist certification holder is a system administrator of BSD operating systems. The certification holder has an understanding of the architecture of the BSD operating systems. This includes the ability to manage various aspects of a BSD installation, including the management of user accounts and groups, processes, file systems, installed software, and client networking configuration. The candidate is experienced in using standard BSD and Unix tools on the command line.
Current Version: 1.0 (Exam code 702-100)
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this certification.
Requirements: Pass the Linux Professional Institute BSD Specialist exam. The 90-minute exam consists of 60 multiple choice and fill-in-the-blank questions.
Validity Period: 5 years
Cost: Click here for exam pricing in your country.
To receive the BSD Specialist Certification the candidate must:
- Have a working knowledge of BSD operating systems: FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD
- Be able to install, manage, and configure BSD operating system
- Be able to configure hardware, set kernel parameters, and manage system security
- Have basic knowledge in BSD system administration, job scheduling, and system automation
- Have basic network administration knowledge
LPI is committed to providing the IT community with exams of the highest quality relevance and accuracy.
92% of employers said IT certified individuals receive higher starting salaries than those without-NDG Linux Career Guide
87% of organizations say it’s hard to find open source talent-open source Jobs Report
Primary jobs for BSD Specialists
- FreeBSD System Administrator
- NetBSD System Administrator
- OpenBSD System Administrator
- Unix Administrator
- Server Administrator
- IT Administrator
- Security System Specialist
- Network Engineer
- Unix System Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)