Linux Essentials "Train-the-Trainer" Workshop in Southern California
From June 3-7th, The Mid-Pacific Information and Communication Technologies Center (MPICT) and the California Community Colleges ICT Collaborative is offering a free "Train-the-Trainer" workshop on Linux Essentials instruction for LPI alumni who are Linux trainers and teachers. The 4.5 day workshop will be held during the Southern California, Summer Faculty Development Week at Coastline Community College, Garden Grove Center, Garden Grove, CA, USA.
More information on the Southern California, Summer Faculty Development week is available at:
Registration is via:
LPI alumni attending the workshop are not eligible for travel or accommadation expenses but meals may be provided during the conference.
Workshop Outline: "Adding Essential Linux Skills to Your Classroom"
This practical and focused 4.5 day hands-on technical session will accomplish several goals for today’s instructor, including:
● Technical Skills - Update instructors with the Linux Skills needed to successfully deliver relevant and important Linux and Open Source content.
● Instructional Skills - Provide instructors with the critical methodologies that will ensure successful classroom experiences for their attendees.
Attendees of this course will receive a number of benefits including:
● Instructional resources and content
● Physical and Virtual lab delivery options
● Presentation techniques, tricks and tips
● Samples of recommended supplementary course materials
● Exam preparation materials
The workshop is led by Ross Brunson -- Director of Member Services for The Linux Professional Institute